Are you looking for Garageband for windows? Well, you are at the right place then, In this article, I am going to share how you can download Garageband for windows.
You know what Garageband is, but for those who don’t know, ”Garageband is a music production software designed and developed by Apple.”
I know a few tricks to get Garageband for windows that I am going to share with you in this article.
Apple develops Garageband for iPhone, iPad, and Mac but we can use Garageband windows with the help of additional software.
With the help of Garageband, you can create fantastic music as well as recreate popular music. Garageband is popular among every music lover.
It is a great software. Lots of musical instruments are available in Garageband which make it super easy to create music from scratch.
For everyone who is interested in music and songs, there is an app which is free music creation software called GarageBand.
Garageband for Windows
Garageband for PC can also be used to create music by mixing them like the DJ’s. It comes packed in with many features.
- It has an audio recording feature which allows it to record audio you can also record it with the microphone.
- It easily allows you to create your music and play according to your convenience.
- One of the essential features is that it provides you the virtual instruments to compose the tune. You may use the virtual keyboard through a USB cable.
- You may use it for sharing purpose with your friends over the internet.
- There are significant effects present for guitar on GarageBand for pc, and easily you may track the voices using a stimulated amplifier, stompboxes, effects processor and so on.
- Another feature of GarageBand for pc is creating loops for audio clipping and beats for your DJ songs. Although, it has another support compatibility with Remix-FX, DJ-Styles.
- Garageband windows also give you the backup facility directly through iCloud for your edited songs.
Okay now let’s start the tutorial on how to install Garageband on windows.
- Computer Running Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows XP
- Internet Connection
- 4 GB Hard Disk Space
- 4 GB OF RAM
So let’s see the various methods for garage band free download on windows:
They are straightforward methods just you have read it and perform according to it. We are here with the GarageBand free download for windows. I hope you get it.
Method 1: Install Mac OS on your Windows PC
Step 1: Download the Mac Sierra from the given link.
Step 2: Now download VMWare workstation player here.
Step 3: Now, unzip the zip Mac Sierra file with Winrar.
Step 4: Open MacOS Sierra folder>MacOS Sierra 10.12 tools>Final Youtube>Unlocker 208.
Step 5: Then, search for “Win-Install” and Run as Administrator.
Step 6: Command prompt starts, and you have to wait until it is completed.
Step 7: Now, launch the VMWare from your PC.
Step 8: Click on the Open a Virtual Machine as highlighted in this image.
Step 9: After that, a window opens. Navigate to MacOs Sierra >MacOs Sierra 10.12 tools>Final YouTube folder>MacOS Sierra folder and open OS.
Step 10: Then, click on the “Edit virtual machine settings.”
Step 11: Now, select the number of processors your system have.
Step 12: Select the No. of RAM(It is recommended to set to 4GB if you have 8GB of RAM).
Now follow the Steps below, It’s important to do these steps:
- Open the VMWare workstation and “Play Virtual Machine.”
- Apple logo screen will open in a concise time.
- Now select the Country.
- Also preferred language of our keyboard.
- Choose the option as shown in the image.
- Choose location too for better results.
- Create an apple id it’s essential to use further.
- Agree to all the terms and services.
- ICloud chain option will come and select the option “Set up later.”
- Select your time zone according to your zone.
- MacOS will take some time to complete its settings.
- Now, go to the taskbar and search “Garageband” and download from it.
FAQ’S (Frequently Asked Questions)
Method 2: Garageband for PC using Garageband Alternatives (Recommended)
Well, Garageband is not the only software of its kind, there are tons of other software which can do the same task as Garageband and much better than it.
Some of these are paid, and others are free. Also, they are available for different platforms such as Windows, Linux, etc.
They are used by professional music makers, music producers, and DJ’s. They are reliable and have lots of functions.
|1||FL Studio||Windows, Mac||$$$||VIEW|
|3||Reaper||Windows, Mac, Linux||$$||VIEW|
|4||Ableton Live||Windows, Mac||$$||VIEW|
|6||Stagelight||Windows, Mac, Android||00||VIEW|
|8||LMMS||Windows, Mac, Linux||00||VIEW|
|9||Audio Tool||Windows, Mac, Linux||00||VIEW|
|10||Music Maker Jam||Windows, Mac, Android||00||VIEW|
FL Studio comes with the best interface and great features used by professionals to create and edit music.
It is an excellent music creation application available on the windows platform and iDevices like Mac and iOS.
It is easy to use and most available digital audio workstation (DAW). Using this app, you can create and edit music.
Critical features of FL Studio:
- It has many plugins which are free.
- Various sound effects like the chorus, equalization, compression, flanger and much more are available.
- Multiple arrangements help you switch between different arrangements.
- Over 20 plugins are free of cost.
- You can hide grouped tracks.
- particular plugin called “VFX Level Scaler” to scale note from real time.
Mixcraft is a recording tracker available for windows platform and.
It has high-end features like group mixing, live performance, recording panel and much more.
It comprises of three versions, and they are Mixcraft Home Studio, Mixcraft Recording Studio, and Mixcraft Pro Studio.
Key features of Mixcraft:
- Various loops and song kits are there for easy creation.
- Easy commands and good User Interface.
- MIDI record on more than one feature.
- VSI supports so that you can play in a sequence and record with MIDI data.
- Tempo matching for matching prerecorded audio with present project.
- Live performance with recording panel, creating your mixes, MIDI clips, and high-end performance.
- Creating beats, music mash-ups, editing music with piano roll editor and use of narration editor to score.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10 (32 or 64 bit)
Another great application of music is the reaper.
It is a excellent GarageBand alternative, and it comes in one of my favorite lists.
It is also free music maker software and handy app.
You can even layer the tracks and edit it efficient manner. You can also add special effects to it so to look better.
The advantage of using reaper is having its least price other than like Cubase, Ableton which use to charge a higher amount.
Key features of Reaper:
- Various kinds of plugins and some software included.
- You can easily edit video and view in separate window mode.
- Contact support from reaper to clear your doubts.
- Subprojects is a feature to embed other projects.
- Highly configurable and scripting editor.
- Windows 32-bit & 64-bit (Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10)
- OS X 32-bit & 64-bit (OS X 10.5-10.13)
- Linux (Linux i686 /Linux x86_64 /Linux armv7l)
It is a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and a good way to create music of your choice.
Ableton live covers almost everything that you need to create music.
It is available on different platforms like Windows and MacOS.
Critical features of Ableton Live:
- Various live instruments and sound effect you can put.
- Unique composition, well- featured hard and flexible performance with the unlimited session.
- An extensive collection of looping library is present.
- You can play live instances with iOS apps.
- Well, support from third parties.
- 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10
- OS X 10.11 / macOS Sierra / macOS High Sierra
It is one of the most popular application to make music.
Also, to create music, it provides lots of tools for free through which you can easily create and test your music performance.
If music is your passion, then you should go for it.
Key features of Cubase:
- An audio engine of Steinberg with 192 kHz and 5.1 surround and flexible creation.
- Instruments like HALion Sonic workstation
- Mixconsole for advanced mixing and creating high-end beats.
- An unlimited number of audio tracks, MIDI and instruments with up to 256 inputs available.
- VST instrument rack with various instrumental slots.
- Compositional tools like chord pads, chord tracks for voicings.
- 64-Bit Windows 7 / 8.x / 10
- OS X 10.11 / macOS Sierra / macOS High Sierra
Stagelight(Free with in-app purchases)
Stagelight is a great application to create music. It comes with a special feature which is a live mode effect. Moreover, it is available on different platforms like Windows, Android, and Mac OS devices. Anything like creating loops, beats, mix loops, and vocal tracks are easily done through it.
Key features of Stagelight:
- An unlimited number of instruments available for free.
- You get various tutorials to operate its functionality.
- You can play the piano to test your skills with Stagelight.
- Loop builder is the feature through which you make music quickly.
- Virtual instruments like drum, keyboards, effects engine, and MIDI support.
Sonar is a small Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) but as powerful as Garageband. It is a perfect application to work on music. You can get this from Cakewalk for 30 days free. I would suggest that you use it before purchasing it.
Key features of Sonar:
- A strong third-party support from the application.
- Automation is there which is free of cost.
- Creatie high-end music with less time in the studio or home.
- Sonar amps and effects are most potent with guitar and bass tones.
- Vocals are never easy to create, but with sonar, you can create a perfect vocal with perfection.
- Patterns, loops, tweaking live drums with professional instruments.
- Windows x64 (Only)
LMMS is a free digital audio workstation (DAW) which is created by professional musicians to run quality music tracks. It is available on different platforms like Windows, Linux, and Apple OS. It is free
Of cost and it provides you a simple user-interface for composing music and songs according to your criteria. It provides various musical instruments, different effective plugins, samples, beat modes to create your music.
It is compatible with many standards like SoundFont2, MIDI, LADSPA, and many more.
Key features of LMMS:
- Best and simple user-interface for controlling.
- You can compose unlimited songs of your choice.
- Support of MIDI in importing and exporting.
- FX fixer and FX channels for various effects.
- It provides a piano-roll to edit patterns and melodies.
- It has its sharing platform like presets, free themes, tutorials and much more.
Audio Tool (Free)
Want to create music for free? Then, the audio tool is number seven on my list. It is an amazing online music production to create music. You can easily use it from your browser.
Critical features of Audio Tool:
- All your tracks and samples are stored in the server. You can easily access it with your browser.
- You can find many tutorials on the website if you are a beginner.
- You can promote your sounds and tracks to the community.
- There are many samples and presets that you can use from the community library.
- Master output feature to deal with overall creation and performance and a mixed stereo signal.
Works online in Web Browser, so it can work in any Operating System.
Music Maker Jam (Free)
If you are passionate about the music, then it is the best choice to use this application. It also comes with the best free music making software.
It also has several genres, and if you want more, you may purchase it. Music Maker Jam is available for windows platform and iOS devices too.
You may choose your different music styles and manage creativity according to your convenience.
Critical features of Music Maker Jam:
- You can create music very Quickly and Efficiently.
- Mix up with different music styles.
- Greater control over the music.
- You can easily share with your community.
- 8-Channel mixer is an excellent way for mixing.
Method 3: Using Chrome remote desktop extension
I think you are familiar with lots of extensions these days. However, are you aware that you can even run Garageband for windows using an extension too?
However, this method works only if you have a Mac computer. You need to download the chrome remote desktop extension for Mac computer and as well as for your PC.
So, here we go
- Download the chrome remote desktop extension.
- Now, on your Mac computer enable Chrome Remote Desktop and accept all the permissions.
- One message will prompt to share your computer, so merelyit and make a note of code.
- Then. Open your computer and run the remote desktop.
- Now, permit all the permissions and paste the code of which you have make a note o.
- Connect it, and you will have access to it.
Here, you’re done with it. Now, you can run GarageBand on your windows. So, start creating your music there and enjoy it.
Method 4: Using iPadian to Download Garageband for Windows Free
It is a famous iOS emulator, and you can download for free. Just follow these steps below here:
- Download iPadian emulator.
- After completion of download complete the installation process.
- Now open emulator and start searching GarageBand for windows in the app store.
- Once you have found it click on download button.
- Now install it and enjoy the application.
Do you know? You can use garageband for android too.
Method 5: GarageBand download for PC using Bluestacks
It is an app player or an emulator which is very helpful to run the android features, and on this, you will be able to use GarageBand on pc. You may even use Youwave it is similar to Bluestacks.
The windows GarageBand may or may not work on Bluestacks at a time but worth to try. All the best! If you are lucky enough to get a garage band for windows, you will get it no time.
So, follow these steps, and you are good to go!
- First of all download Bluestacks.
- Open it and install Bluestacks on Windows PC.
- Now run the emulator on Windows.
- Next, sign in Google account and if you do not have an account then make an account first and proceed further.
- Once you have signed in, then go for the search button.
- Type Garageband in the search bar.
- Then install the Garageband application on windows.
Now, you are all set to use Garageband for PC. , you need the run the emulator and use the Garageband app. Start composing your music here and fulfill your dreams.
I think you got an idea about this great app and surely work according to it. I hope Garageband for windows free methods you work for you.
If you want to highlight your music skills, then it will lead you to the top of the world. Although, if you have any query regarding this application, please let me know in the comment box.